Last Updated on October 22, 2021 by Swati Brijwasi
What is Solah Shringar?: Karva Chauth 2021 is now very near and as it is celebrated by married women, it is both a ritual and enthusiasm among women to get ready and look beautiful on the festival. For those unaware, Solah Shringar is a beauty ritual that women practice to look even more beautiful.
The sixteen ornaments that women wear are meant to enhance their beauty and they cover a woman from head to toe. The sheen of jewelery is always attractive but in our country and culture, Solah Shringar holds much more importance than just vanity. According to beliefs, it eliminates many negative effects.
Karva Chauth 2021: Significance
Solah Shringar deals with the sixteen phases of the Moon. Solah Shringar is a cultural ritual celebrated not only to add to the amazing beauty of women, but it also adds to their livelihood and some jewelery also protects them from evil spirits.
Karva Chauth is a fasting and ritualistic festival, mainly performed by married women for the long life of their husbands. On this day she is well dressed and follows the rituals of Solah Shringar. Especially newly married women enjoy doing sixteen makeup.
Karva Chauth 2021: Sixteen types of makeup
There are sixteen makeups, sixteen jewelery and beauty accessories that complement the traditional beauty of a woman.
1. Bindi – A decorative bindi is placed in the middle of the forehead between the eyebrows.
2. Kajal – applied along the waterline of the eye, enhances beauty and protects from evil spirits.
3. Vermilion – Red vermilion is applied in the middle of the hair.
4. Earrings – Different types of earrings are worn according to the clothes.
5. Nose nostrils – This is worn by women who have pierced nose, otherwise nostril rings are also available.
6. Bangles – These are worn on the wrist and are believed to increase blood circulation.
7. Kamarband (Armband ) – Women wear it on the forearm as a bandage of the arm.
8. Hathphool – This is the chain of the hand that connects the fingers and the wrist.
9. Mangal Sutra – It is a symbol of married women, they wear it.
10. Toe Ring (Bichiya) – Generally these are made of silver worn on the toes.
11. Kamarband – This is a decorative ornament worn along the waist.
12. Anklets – These are also made of silver and are worn on the feet.
14. Gajra – This fresh flower is woven in the style of hair.
15. Different types of fragrances are used on this occasion.
16. Mehndi – This is the most essential item in sixteen makeup. It is applied with beautiful patterns on the hands and feet.