Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by Swati Brijwasi
Chocolate Day 2021: Chocolate boosts heart and memory
Chocolate Day 2021: Every year in the month of February, Valentine’s Week comes. There are a total of 7 days in this week. After that, Valentine’s Day is celebrated on the last day. This day falls on 14 February.
Well, Valentine’s Week is going on at the moment and the third day of this week comes on 9 February which is celebrated as Chocolate Day. On the day of Chocolate Day, the couples gift each other chocolate.
Now today we are going to tell you the benefits of eating chocolate.
- Heart – Chocolate is said to contain flavonoids which help the nerves and arteries to remain soft. The chances of stroke and heart attack are less.
- Memory – It is said that chocolate affects mood as well as can be helpful in enhancing memory. In fact, cocoa in chocolate contains antioxidants called flavonoids, which help the brain to stay healthy.
- Depression – Chocolate helps to keep the mood happy. Chocolates are eaten and fed on all occasions to celebrate. However, the cocoa polyphenols present in chocolate have an effect on the mood of the person, which leads to peace and positive mood.
- Blood Pressure – Dark chocolate reduces high blood pressure. According to many studies, cocoa and dark chocolate can improve blood flow and low blood pressure.
- Lowering Cholesterol Level – Dark chocolate can help increase good ‘HDL’ cholesterol. It is said to reduce bad ‘LDL’ cholesterol.